Mid Valley Disposal Creates Composting Manufacturing Process
As of 2014, Mid Valley Disposal had no previous composting experience and wanted to create a Compost Manufacturing Process capable of composting food waste.
- Ownership: Mid Valley Disposal
- Location: Kerman, California
- Start-Up: Demonstration: 2014 / Full Scale: 2017 / Expansion: 2020
- Product: SG Bunker® System with GORE® Covers
- Input quantity: 90,000 TPY
- No. of Heaps: 24 Bunkers, 18 covered, 164 ft. x 27 ft. x 12 ft. each
- Treatment Time: 8 weeks in 3 phases
- Aeration: In-ground
- Control Parameters: Oxygen Control Mode
- Input material: Source Separated Organics / Yard Waste
- Equipment: Pre-Treatment (Grinders) / Front-end-loaders / Mobile Screen
- End Product: High Quality Finished Compost
Hear First Hand...
We had no composting experience so conducting a demonstration project with Sustainable Generation greatly enhanced our understanding of food waste composting and helped us immensely with our subsequent expansion design process. It really made a difference, during the selection process, that SG’s technology was already a proven solution for meeting VOC emission reductions for our San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District. Jonathan Kalpakoff, VP Mid Valley Disposal