27 Bunker System with 6 Week Treatment Times
The Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago (MWRD) needed a composting system that is capable of meeting EPA 503 Regulations during the harsh cold and windy winter weather conditions of the Great Lakes region.
- Ownership: Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago (MWRD).
- Location: South Side Chicago, IL
- Design: In Process
- Product: SG Bunker™ System with GORE® Covers
- Input quantity: Biosolids (20% Solids) – 62,500 Wet TPY
- No. of Heaps: 27 Bunkers, 27 covered, 164 ft. x 27 ft. x 12 ft. each
- Treatment Time: 6 weeks in 2 Phases
- Aeration: In-floor
- Control Parameters: Oxygen Control Mode
- Input material: Biosolids (20% Solids) / Wood chips and yard waste for bulking agent
- Equipment: Pre-Treatment (Automatic Conveyor and Hopper System) / Front-end-loaders / Windrow Turning Machines
- End Product: Class A EQ Finished Compost