- Environmental sustainability is a societal and business responsibility.
- Based on Scott’s family heritage of farming (Scott grew up on a family wheat farm in North Central Montana) and his experience with commercial composting, Scott intrinsically understands composting’s value to agriculture and nature and avidly wants to help businesses and institutions – and the environment - reap the benefits.
- Today more than 95% of the food waste in the U.S. is not recycled and ends up in landfills creating methane gas that produces greenhouse gas or is incinerated.
- Animal waste is a major cause of the nutrient loading contamination of our waterways.
- The urban population explosion around the world is stressing our current systems for dealing with waste, including biosolids, from wastewater treatment plants.
- Scott formed a team of the best minds from around the world – experienced engineers, technologists, designers, waste experts, composters, project/construction managers and finance experts to deliver scalable organic waste conversion solutions to the private and public sectors.
- Used his Peninsula Compost Group knowledge and Sun Microsystems experience to create a “Spectrum of Solutions” to help businesses and communities build, retrofit or convert existing composting facilities to meet their specific needs.
- Developed the TORC™ or Total Organics Recycling Center that offers a turn-key solution whereby Sustainable Generation designs, builds, commissions, operates in startup and provides training for customers to own and operate their own facilities.
- Married his concern for the environment with emerging business opportunities to convert waste into a marketable, profitable resource.
Sustainable Generation’s Contributions:
- Sustainable Generation’s solutions divert recyclable organic waste from landfills – reducing greenhouse gas emissions and extending the life of existing landfills – many of which are reaching capacity.
- Sustainable Generation’s solutions help reduce the contamination of our waterways.
- Sustainable Generation’s solutions turn organic waste into high-quality soil products and into renewable energy.
Click Image To Enlarge